Exploratorium Ten Cool Sites is a collection of cool, interactive sites from the Web, hand-picked by the Exploratorium.
Ten Criteria for Ten Cool
Any site included in the Ten Cool section should have a “yes” answer to at least five of these questions:
Does the site:
- Have a content focus on a science subject?
- Provide educational information or materials?
- Display new or provocative use of web technology?
- Cover historical or current events that relate to science, art, technology, or culture?
- Encourage thought and discussion about science, art, culture, technology, or current events?
- Remain free of commercialism (no pop-ups, few if any ads, no excessive personal info gathering or product promotion)?
- Draw you into the subject matter in an unusual way?
- Give visitors access to interesting information or data in a comprehensible way?
- Provide an unusually compelling interface and/or graphic design?
- Allow visitors to interact or contribute to each other’s efforts?
Suggest A Site