Museum Store On-call Position
The Sales Consultant reports to the Store Manager and works within both of the museum gift shops. The Sales Consultant is responsible for providing high-level customer service by promoting sales within stores, providing assistance as needed and being knowledgeable of gift store products.
- Use initiative and enthusiasm to move onto sales floor and engage customers in friendly and helpful interaction
- Create sales using a variety of genuine and sincere approaches (product demonstration, anecdotal stories, etc.) which demonstrate an analysis of the customer’s needs
- Build sales using various techniques (add-ons, substitutions, active listening, etc.) and effectively close sales
- Follow all established procedures and policies
- Perform all cashier related functions accurately, consistently, & efficiently
- Maintain store appearance by ensuring that all work stations and product displays stay full, organized, and clean.
- Maintain merchandise on the sales floor and off, monitoring product and packaging integrity
- Aid in inventory management by communicating any discrepancies to management as well as implementing and following all loss prevention techniques and standards.
- Consistently work to increase product knowledge through demonstrations, research, tinkering, etc… & share this information with other staff and customers
- Actively participate in staff meetings, utilizing and implementing all information shared
- Encourage customers to become museum members & participate in museum programming
- Answer questions and provide information regarding the store or museum in general.
- Answer phones and take messages as needed
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous sales, customer service experience in a highly interactive work environment is required
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for dealing with the public and working with others
- Require minimal supervision in accomplishing assigned tasks; excellent attention to detail
- Punctual and adheres to regularly scheduled hours, maintaining excellent attendance record; flexibility to work demands
- Communicates clearly and effectively with customers and co-workers
- Able to respond positively to a variety of demands in a busy, noisy environment
- Able to stand for extended periods, bend and lift repeatedly
How to Apply
This is an on-call position that does not include benefits.
Please refer to our Application Procedures for instructions when sending your resume and cover letter.
The Exploratorium is committed to a diverse workforce.