Become a Volunteer: Our Contract
The Exploratorium agrees to:
- Provide you with appropriate training, supervision, space, materials, and equipment to accomplish the assigned project(s);
- Communicate with you openly and often about ongoing opportunities for volunteer involvement.
You agree to:
- Fulfill the terms of the volunteer opportunity as described;
- Notify the manager of Volunteer Services if you need to redefine your commitment or to conduct an exit interview;
- Respond promptly to communications from the Volunteer Office, including phone calls, e-mail, newsletters, and invitations;
- Abide by the general rules of access and conduct for all Exploratorium staff;
- Review the information specific to your volunteer situation in the Volunteer Handbook (ie., group-specific information for those who are volunteering as part of a group), which you will receive after coordinating with the manager of Volunteer Services;
- Wear your Exploratorium Volunteer I.D. Badge while serving as a volunteer;
- Accurately record your volunteer hours in the log book;
- Grant the Exploratorium the right to use your photograph in promoting the museum and/or Volunteer Services;
- Accept the manager of Volunteer Service’s right to counsel you (and/or members of your group if you are part of a group that is volunteering) or possibly dismiss you or your group from the Volunteer Program if you fail to comply with the guidelines.