Panama Pacific
International Exposition

ImageMap - turn on images!!!

© 1915, Keystone View Company

17810--From the Scott St. Entrance North Over the South Gardens to Palace of Manufacturers and the Towers of Court of Flowers,
Panama-Pacific Int. Exp., San Francisco, Calif.

The view is of surpassing loveliness only to be equalled by turning about and looking in any other direction from the Scott Street entrance. This is the scene that presents itself when looking northeasterly from the entrance.

At the right just the corner of the Press Building is showing. Beyond is the beautiful lagoon, in the east half of the South Gardens, and the urns with potted plants and green lawns. Still further on are found the double rows of palms on the Avenue of Palms that skirts the whole north of the South Gardens.

The structure here visible is the Palace of Manufactures, the large dome at the left crowning that building, while next to it at the right the two Italian towers give entrance to the Court of Flowers. Passing through that court one comes to the Court of abundance. The dome further in the background "is the Palace of Mines and Metallurgy. The floor space of the Palace of Manufactures is subdivided by avenues which run east and west and streets which run north and south. The names are indicated by street signs on the platform of the exhibit." This rule is being followed in all palaces of the central group. "Exhibit space has been allotted to four thousand exhibitors."

Original Stereograph

©2001 Exploratorium, 3601 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123