3 to 4 weeks intermixed with other lesson plans
- The uses of satellites
- The development of satellite technology
Objective: The students will be able to:
- Use the Internet to do research.
- Organize information and make a presentation on a satellite to the class.
- Discuss the capability of the leading edge of technology for a given time
- Use modern technology* (computer graphic programs, computer presentation programs, or other forms of reproduction of information) to make an effective presentation. This objective is optional and will depend on the resources available at your school.
- computer(s) with modem and printer
- telephone line
- Internet access (program and account)
- handouts (provided)
- computer application programs*
- Make handouts outlining the assignment (or use the one provided below, see "Assignment Handout" button).
- Prepare students to use the internet.
- Teach the computer skills necessary to make an effective presentation.*
*Note: Although this is not a computer application class, it is important for the students to know how to use the computer. The programs required are a word processor, a graphic program to import graphics, some form of presentation program, and communication program. The extent that you include computer application skills into your class will depend on the resources at your school and your comfort level with computers. You may want to team teach with the computer teacher at your school.