Field Trip Admission and Tickets
We want the Exploratorium to be accessible for everyone. Here are some ways you can visit the Exploratorium without paying anything at all:
Free Visits for Teachers
At the Exploratorium, we support teachers. Here are a few ways teachers can visit the museum for free:
- If you’re the lead teacher on a field trip that's already been scheduled, you can preview the museum for free before the date of the trip. When you arrive, tell Guest Services that you are preparing for an upcoming field trip. Show a copy of the confirmation e-mail you received from us, and we’ll sign you in free of charge. For more information, call 415.528.4444.
- Apply here for our program offering free Exploratorium admission for all California public school K–12 teachers.
Free Admission for Title I Schools
Title I schools receive free admission for school field trips. Ask about this program when you make your reservation.
Field Trip Prices
Prices are for Tuesday through Friday visits. The 2023–2024 season is September 26, 2023–June 7, 2024.
|Youth (Grades K–12)||$10.00|
|Children (3 or younger)||Free|
|Teachers/Adults||1 admitted free per 10 youth|
|Members||While members receive complimentary year-round general admission, these admission privileges do not extend to the field trip program, which is separately funded. Please include any members in your overall head count.|
|Title I Schools||Title I schools receive free admission for school field trips, subject to availability. Please ask about this program when you make your reservation.|
Paying for your field trip
- We accept the following forms of payment for group and field trip reservations: checks, MasterCard, VISA, Discover, and American Express.
- A deposit of 50% of the total amount is due on the 1st of the month prior to the date of your intended visit. This deposit will be applied to your total amount due, which must be paid in full on arrival or sooner. Deposits are nonrefundable if a reservation is canceled within two weeks of the intended arrival date. No refunds of under $50 will be issued.
- Apart from the deposit, payment must be made in one lump sum even if you're paying for several classes. If you would like to pay separately for different classes, please make separate reservations. Group members paying separately are not eligible for group pricing and will be charged general admission rates.
- Please have ready an exact head count—the total number of youth (grades K–12), children (5 or younger), and adults in your entire group.